Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DCC 0-level Party Generator... In French!

Some French fans of DCC contacted me about updating the character generator with a version in their language: they did some awesome work translating everything, including all the Birth Augurs and Occupations. (My French doesn't go much beyond Je m'appelle Jon...)

After defeating some special French character font issues, I was still having fun, so we worked together to translate the launch page into French as well. This proved interesting as the pun tag line at the top didn't really work in French, so they came up with a rhyming version to replace it.

I think all the effort is worth it just to have Hugh scold people in French for attempting to create power characters.

Soon, DCC will be sweeping the continent! ;)

http://purplesorcerer.com/create_fr.htm

2 comments:

  1. Love the tools you have provided for DCC and I just downloaded Perils of the Sunken City. Just wanted to show my support and tell your team "Good Job"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patrick! Truly appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete