Monday, March 23, 2015

Against the Vortex Temple

It seems I've been working on my upcoming adventure Against the Vortex Temple for just about forever. (Looking back on very old posts, at one point I mentioned I wanted to have it ready for the DCC launch in 2012... HA!)

The primary hold-up has of course been health stuff and competing projects, but also frequent stops and starts as I searched for the right feel, which triggered reorganizations of the premise, structure and encounters. Since the completion of the Sunken City Omnibus, I've felt an even stronger desire to do something a bit different than what I've done before.

Happily, over the last couple weeks it seems at long last I've settled into a groove that works. Progress has picked up remarkably, and I'm hopeful the end is in sight. :)

The format is b/w 6x9 digest, which for a variety of reasons is easier on my hands (my biggest physical barrier), saves me the trouble of creating separate mobile versions, and provides the least expensive print options. (Plus laying out and prepping Nebin Pendlebrook for print was an absolute joy compared to the full-color, letter-sized Sunken City Omnibus!)

Description: Against the Vortex Temple is a DCC adventure designed for 1st level adventurers, containing both city and dungeon sections. The city portion consists of a number of concise encounters that can occur in any order, along with a selection of random tables that can be used to add spice and provide clues about the dungeon portion.

The meat of the adventure is the dungeon portion, which will contain notes on how to run it without the city lead up to make it usable for demo and convention play

The goal is to make the whole thing as creepy as hell.

If you're interested, you can read the new introduction to the adventure.

If my health and lucky streak hold out it should be finished in the next 4-6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment